Did you know that Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration observed on May 5th to commemorate the Mexican Army’s victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862? So today represents more than some good Mexican food and drinks. Now, if you plan to make a Mexican dish for dinner, check out a recipe via Taste of Home below.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole and salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and refried beans; heat through.
- Unroll each tube of dough into a long rectangle. Cut each rectangle into 12 pieces; press lightly onto bottom and up sides of 24 ungreased muffin cups.
- Fill each muffin cup with a rounded tablespoonful of beef mixture; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake 14-16 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing. Serve with toppings as desired.
If you are making a yummy Mexican dish today tag us in your pics at Joy107 on Instagram and Facebook.