The Boys N Tha Hood director suffered a fatal stroke two weeks ago and was in a medically coma until reports surfaced that he has passed.
Singleton’s family is divided over his estate, TMZ reports. Singleton’s mother Sheila Ward is the conservator over his estate, however his daughter Cleopatra filed a motion in an attempt to gain control over his estate. But the battle isn’t limited to both Singleton’s mother and daughter, his girlfriend is also trying to gain control over his estate.
Conflicting reports about Singleton’s death circulated last week after his daughter reportedly claimed his health was improving in an attempt to gain control out of fear Ward will “fleece” the estate and isolate the children out of their father’s $35 million fortune.
Singleton was the first Black director to be nominated for an Academy Award for his prolific film Boyz n the Hood.
- Watch: Inspired by Monica Lisa Stevens Hosted by Stowe
- [WATCH] Urban One Exclusive Interview with New Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant
- The History Of Juneteenth Explained
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Columbus
- Ohio to End Its State of Emergency on June 18
- La La Anthony Files For Divorce From Carmelo Anthony After 10 Years Of Marriage
- Brandon Camphor & OneWay Put A Heavenly Spin On “Lift Every Voice” For Juneteenth
- Police Riot Team Resigns After Fellow Officer Indicted For Alleged Assault During Protest
- Candace Owens Cries White Supremacist Tears As Juneteenth Becomes National Holiday
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas That Also Support Black Business
- Shontelle Norman Beatty Plays Us Her Holy Banger “Jesus Will Fix It”
- LeBron James Criticizes NBA’s Condensed Schedule Following Kawhi Leonard’s ACL Injury
Legendary Director John Singleton Reportedly Dead At 51 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com