The Boys N Tha Hood director suffered a fatal stroke two weeks ago and was in a medically coma until reports surfaced that he has passed.
Singleton’s family is divided over his estate, TMZ reports. Singleton’s mother Sheila Ward is the conservator over his estate, however his daughter Cleopatra filed a motion in an attempt to gain control over his estate. But the battle isn’t limited to both Singleton’s mother and daughter, his girlfriend is also trying to gain control over his estate.
Conflicting reports about Singleton’s death circulated last week after his daughter reportedly claimed his health was improving in an attempt to gain control out of fear Ward will “fleece” the estate and isolate the children out of their father’s $35 million fortune.
Singleton was the first Black director to be nominated for an Academy Award for his prolific film Boyz n the Hood.
- Memorial Day Weekend Weather: Pop-Up Storms, Possibly Severe Sunday
- 1 in Critical Condition after Being Hit by Vehicle in Polaris
- Pamela Turner Is Buried While Texas Cop Who Killed Her Is Already Back At Work
- Tiger Woods Is Coming to Columbus For Muirfield Memorial Tournament
- Lancaster Students Help Classmates Pay Off Lunch Balances
- Gun Found in South Mifflin Elementary School Classroom
- 3 Tips For Starting A Business, As Told By Tierra Kavanaugh Wayne [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Texas Pastor Has Message For Cohabitating Couples: Move Out Or Get Married
- Ex- Teacher, Coach Arrested After Former Students Say He Sexually Abused Them, Allegedly Impregnated One Twice [Video]
- GRIFF’s Prayer For A Clutter-Free Alter [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Legendary Director John Singleton Reportedly Dead At 51 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com