The Boys N Tha Hood director suffered a fatal stroke two weeks ago and was in a medically coma until reports surfaced that he has passed.
Singleton’s family is divided over his estate, TMZ reports. Singleton’s mother Sheila Ward is the conservator over his estate, however his daughter Cleopatra filed a motion in an attempt to gain control over his estate. But the battle isn’t limited to both Singleton’s mother and daughter, his girlfriend is also trying to gain control over his estate.
Conflicting reports about Singleton’s death circulated last week after his daughter reportedly claimed his health was improving in an attempt to gain control out of fear Ward will “fleece” the estate and isolate the children out of their father’s $35 million fortune.
Singleton was the first Black director to be nominated for an Academy Award for his prolific film Boyz n the Hood.
- Man Praised For Sheltering Over 70 Washington, D.C. Protestors Overnight
- White Supremacists Posed As Antifa Via Fake Twitter Account, Called For Violence
- NBA Legend Wes Unseld Passes Away At 74
- Independent Autopsy Reveals George Floyd Was Murdered By Asphyxia
- Spike Lee Releases Powerful Video Juxtaposing ‘Do The Right Thing’ With Murders Of George Floyd & Eric Garner
- How to Support the Movement for #BlackLivesMatter?
- Unearthed Audio Captures NYPD Being Told To Run Over & “Shoot” Protestors in Brooklyn
- Use Your Sephora Reward Points To Donate To The National Black Justice Coalition Now!
- We Are One: More Than Just A Hashtag Townhall Thursday, June 4th 8pm
- Texas Mother Says High School Won’t Let Her Daughter Graduate Because Of Her Red Braids
Legendary Director John Singleton Reportedly Dead At 51 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com