On Wednesday, Dec. 5, the hosts of The Real discussed Cardi B’s big announcement on Instagram that she and husband Offset are splitting up, and co-host Jeannie Mai made a confession about her own decade long marriage.
Mai shared that she knew within one year of marriage she knew it wasn’t right for her.
“Hand to heart, I swear, any woman who has been divorced – in that year? You know. You have red flags if it’s not going to work. I did,” Mai said. Adding that her “women’s intuition” typically doesn’t fail.
Adrienne Houghton chimed in and agreed with Mai, “sometimes it’s best to just nip it in the bud,” she said.
Of Houghton’s divorced friends, “almost every single person says within the first year they knew, ‘wow, I’ve made a mistake.’”
The ladies support Cardi’s decision, because “you don’t have to wait so long when you know what’s right for you,” according to Mai.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike Epps1 of 13
2. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce2 of 13
3. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.3 of 13
4. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.4 of 13
5. Jill Scott5 of 13
6. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 20176 of 13
7. Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin7 of 13
8. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown8 of 13
9. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown9 of 13
10. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs10 of 13
11. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs11 of 13
12. Usher & Grace Miguel12 of 13
13. Usher & Grace Miguel13 of 13
The Ladies Of ‘The Real’ On Cardi B And Offset’s Separation [Video] was originally published on blackamericaweb.com