If you feel you are the victim of domestic violence, here are some things to look out for in your partner’s behavior:
- Does your partner keep you from going out or doing things that you want to do?
- Does your partner’s behavior make you feel as if you are wrong?
- Do you feel obligated or coerced into having sex with your partner?
- Does your partner say that if you try to leave, he or she will kill himself or herself or you?
- Do you lie to your family, friends and doctor about your bruises, cuts and scratches?
- Does your partner criticize you or embarrass you in front of others?
- Do you watch what you are doing in order to avoid making your partner angry or upset?
In a heart wrenching interview with TV One’s ‘Sister Circle,’ Andrea Kelly, singer R. Kelly’s ex-wife, reveals the moment she discovered she was a victim of domestic violence in her relationship. See video clip below: