Authorities on site at Santa Fe High School in Dickinson ISD have confirmed that at least eight people were shot and killed following a school shooting. The suspect, a student who has not been identified, is currently in custody according to assistant principal Cris Richardson. Students were evacuated from the high school and taken to Alamo Gym, located on Hwy 6.
This is the third school shooting in the past seven days and the 22nd in the United States since the beginning of the year.
The entire school district is on lockdown, district officials said.
Santa Fe is a city of about 13,000 people roughly 20 miles northwest of Galveston and 30 miles southeast of Houston.
The high school has about 1,400 students, according to GreatSchools.org. We’ll update this story as it develops.
- Represent Men’s Health Month and Win $450!
- GUARD!: Instagram Comedian Gets The Police Called On Him For Scaring White People
- Columbus Blue Jackets Share 2018-19 Schedule
- Brian Courtney Wilson “A Great Work” Official Music Video
- 2018 BET Awards Nominations Gospel Category
- Daily Devotional: “Let God Have His Way”
- Ericaism: “God Is With Me Even On A Bad Day”
- Blues Legend B.B. King Featured On TV One’s Unsung June 24th
- Luke Cage’s Showrunner Breaks Down Season 2, Reg E Cathey’s Role & More
- Cavs Draft PG Collins Sexton, Is It Enough For LeBron To Stay?
At Least 8 Reported Dead In School Shooting At Texas High School was originally published on theboxhouston.com