Supplying Tanks for the War
The U.S. just recently announced that it would send 31 Abrams M1 tanks to Ukraine, in addition to Germany sending 14 Leopard tanks. This is a result of the ongoing war between Ukraine & Russia. “It will enhance the Ukrainian’s capacity to defend its territory to achieve its strategic objectives”, Biden said in his statement. In addition to the tanks, the Ukranians will also be provided with parts and equipment to be able to maintain the mobile weapons.
Ukrainians will be able to utilize these tanks in order to gain back land lost to the Russians and to also further defend the land under their control. Biden said that the tanks should not be seen as a defensive threat by the Russians, but more of a help to the Ukrainians for their defense. Hours before, the Germans decided to send 14 Leopard main battle tanks to Ukraine. German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said, “This decision hews to our known line, which is to support Ukraine to the best of our ability”.
This announcement is a new highlight in the West’s assistance in the Ukrainian/Russian war. Some military experts warn that Russia is preparing for a spring offense move using mobilized personnel whose training is almost near completion. Claiming that the Abrams tanks are “the most capable tanks in the world”, Biden said it would however take time for these tanks to be used in action. Some German officials were in fear that Moscow would respond to their actions of sending these tanks, thus prompting a retaliation, and dragging Germany into the conflict. Unlike the U.S., France, Russia, & the U.K., Germany does not have its own nuclear deterrent.
In the past, U.S. officials believed the Abrams M1 tanks were too complicated and complex for Ukraines purposes. However, with the tanks in their possession, this could be a game-changer for their side. Kyiv supporters were always supplying Ukraine with older Soviet-Union weapons but now the request for Western weaponry has been accepted. Other countries like Finland, Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain have also said they would supply Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine. The Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte also said his country was sending out 18 tanks to Kyiv. Britain promised to deliver its Challenger 2 tanks, along with France sending AMX-10 wheeled armored vehicles. In addition to receiving the tanks, Ukraine has also called in for more warplanes.
With the heat intensifying, do you think there will be an end to this war soon?
- Rev. Al Sharpton Quotes Central Park 5 Member While Reacting To Donald Trump Indictment: ‘Karma’
- Jason Whitlock Says He’s ‘Never Voted,’ But He’s ‘Hardcore MAGA’ Now That Trump Has Been Indicted
- 2 Ohio Women Missing After Vacation in New Mexico
- Gov. Ron DeSantis Declared ‘Florida Will Not Assist’ In Extraditing Donald Trump After Indictment
- What Is Palm Sunday & Why Do Christians Celebrate It?
- 3 Things To Remember During Holy Week
- Who Is Jonathan Majors’ Attorney? Previous Hollywood Client Was Found Liable For Rape
- Mississippi Republicans Push To Make Jackson A ‘Police State’ Near Their Goal
- Black Voters Matter Head To Houston To Educate College Students About Critical Voting Issues
- Trump Indicted By Manhattan Grand Jury, First Former POTUS To Face Criminal Charges
U.S., Germany, & Others Approve To Send Tanks To Ukraine was originally published on hot1009.com
Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
NY Grand Jury Votes To Indict Donald Trump In Stormy Daniels Hush Money Probe: Report
Distracted driving law in Ohio goes into effect next week
Vote for Joy to Win a Stellar Award for Station of the Year
Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
10 Power Messages From Bishop T.D. Jakes To Get You Through 2023
Pastor Conference of Columbus and Vicinity 65th Annual Simultaneous Revival : Holy Convocational Service - Sunday, March 13th
AEP Ohio confirms rate hike for customers