According to NBC4i, A case filed by Columbus City Attorney Zach Klein has handed down thousands of dollars in fines to an area mall after the owners failed to meet a deadline.
Eastland Mall Holdings, LLC, which bought Eastland Mall in 2015 for $9.7 million, now faces a $3,500 fine, according to Franklin County Municipal Court records. The court held a contempt hearing Thursday to see if the owners had followed orders to clean up the property, and found they did not.
f Eastland Mall Holdings, LLC, does not address the health and safety violations Klein flagged, the court will tack on an additional $250 fine daily. Items on the to-do list to clean up the mall include litter, solid waste, graffiti and broken concrete.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Fantasia Takes To Instagram To Share That She’s Joined Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. As An Honorary Member
- Official Trailer Released For Kirk Franklin’s ‘The Night Before Christmas’
- DOJ Reaches Agreement On Interim Solution To Jackson, Mississippi’s Water Crisis
- Brett Favre Wants To Be Removed From Mississippi Lawsuit Seeking To Recover Misappropriated Welfare Funds
- Why Do Black Voters Matter In Georgia? Black Voters Matters’ LaTosha Brown Explains Why
- Elon Musk Attacks Apple CEO After The Tech Company Allegedly Halted Advertisements
- Ohio State President Kristina Johnson to announce resignation
- Santas Just Like Me Is Bringing The Gift Of Diversity To The Christmas Industry
- Herschel Walker Says Trump Did The Most For Black People. Here’s Why He Doesn’t Know What He’s Talking About
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Happiness Is In Direct Proportion To Gratitude
Eastland Mall slapped with thousands in fines by Columbus was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com