According to NBC4i, Reynoldsburg passed legislation Monday banning conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ youth.
In a unanimous 6-0 vote, Reynoldsburg City Council approved an ordinance prohibiting licensed medical professionals from subjecting LGBTQ+ youth to conversion therapy. Reynoldsburg marks the ninth city in Ohio to enact a municipal ban on conversion therapy.
Specifically, the ordinance said, “the city of Reynoldsburg recognizes that efforts which seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation or gender identity are harmful to young people.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Charlottesville’s Unfinished Statue Business Five Years After ‘Unite The Right’
- Jonathan McReynolds Talks New Album ‘You Have To Understand That God’s In Charge’
- Healthy Ever After: Dr. Flava Gives Foods To Boost Your Immune System
- Florida Teacher Resigns After Accusing School Of Removing Posters Of Black Heroes
- Black Family Accuses Missouri Water Park Of Racism After Teens’ Party Is Suddenly Canceled
- Feds Freeze R.Kelly’s Commissary Money Due To Outstanding Court Fees And Fines
- Armed man who tried to breach FBI Cincinnati office is dead
- For A Legend: NBA To Retire Bill Russell’s No. 6 Leaguewide
- ‘Days of Our Lives’ going off the air
- Chick-fil-A offering free breakfast items in Columbus
Reynoldsburg bans conversion therapy for LGBTQ+ youth was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com