According to NBC4i, Columbus police were called to an apartment on the 300 block of S. Chase Avenue on reports of a shooting around 12:49 a.m. Thursday.
They say they found the victim, 28-year old Kenneth Elliott III suffering from a gunshot wound.
Elliott had been shot by his live-in girlfriend, then ran to a next-door neighbor’s apartment where he collapsed, according to police.
Police say responding officers had to help the victim to the medic on scene because the suspect refused to put down her gun.
Arrested and charged with felonious assault was 25-year old Lanisha A. Carter.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- WATCH: What You Need To Know: August 2, 2021 — Millions Lose Homes — Delta Variant As Contagious As Chickenpox — Olympic Fencer Curtis Mc Dowald
- The Richland County Fair Is Back With No Restrictions
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Eye On The Community with Sean Anthony: Interview about Black Girl Soar
- Rep. Cori Bush Calls Inaction On Eviction Moratorium A ‘Moral Failure’
- Legendary Nollywood Actress Rachael Oniga Dies At 64
- Nina Turner Makes Her Case For Congress: ‘People Just Want To Live’
- Congress Goes On Vacation To Their Homes As Evictions Start Back Up
- LeVar Burton Hosting ‘Jeopardy!’ Is Black Joy Personified
- ‘Simone Biles Jokes’: SNL’s Michael Che Dragged For Allegedly Mocking Gymnast In Deleted Instagram Stories