According to NBC4i, The 2021 Ohio State Fair will not be open to the public this summer, and will focus instead on agricultural and educational competitions, according to a statement.
The Ohio Expositions Commission said they were concerned for public health, and could not justify the cost of adhering to current safety protocols.
“Where we are today in this (COVID-19) battle makes it challenging to plan a large-scale entertainment event, not knowing where we will be, or what Ohio will look like, in late July,” said General Manager Virgil Strickler.
The 2022 Ohio State Fair is slated for July 27 – August 7, when rides, concerts, entertainers, live music, food vendors, and shopping are expected to return.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- ‘We Are Grateful For Your Support’: Family Announces Death Of 12-Year-Old Who Partook In ‘Blackout’ TikTok Challenge
- Westerville Police Officers Put on Leave Pending Investigation of St. Ann’s Hospital Shooting, Bodycam Footage Released
- ‘Right Person At The Right Time’: Kristen Clarke Is Poised To Lead DOJ’s Civil Rights Division
- Regina King Dazzles In Christopher John Rogers Gown At The CDGA Awards
- Kim Potter, Ex-Minnesota Officer Will Be Charged With Second-Degree Manslaughter In Death Of Daunte Wright
- Willie Moore Jr. Reflects On DMX’s Life & Boldness About God [VIDEO]
- Man Arrested in Connection with Columbus Police Headquarters Breach
- Officer Injured as Protestors Tried to Break Into CPD Headquarters
- Four Columbus Juveniles Steal Elderly Lyft Drivers Car
- Officer Bruce Griggs Discusses What You Should Do When You Have An Encounter With Police [EXCLUSIVE]
The Ohio State Fair Is Happening But Unlike Years Past was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com