Police in Columbus are investigating a report of shots fired at Polaris Fashion Place.
It happened around 12:30 inside the mall on Polaris Parkway in Delaware County.
According to Columbus Division of Police spokesperson Sgt. James Fuqua, nobody was injured in the shooting. Columbus police officers are inside the mall looking for the shooter. The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office is also assisting.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/police-investigating-report-of-shooting-at-polaris-fashion-place-mall/
According to the Columbus Police Department, this is not currently an active shooter situation.
UPDATE (3/3/2021 2:50PM). According to Columbus Division of Police spokesperson Sgt. James Fuqua said during a press conference that the shooting was a result of a fight/argument between two people. Shell casings were found on the scene but no arrests have been made yet. Police are looking for a black male in a gray hoodie in his late 20s early 30s. A firearm was recovered outside of the mall in a parking lot under a vehicle. If you have any information on the shooting please call the Columbus Police at 614-645-4545
UPDATE (3/3/21 3:31PM) According to Columbus Division of Police spokesperson Sgt. James Fuqua Polaris Fashion Place Mall has been fully evacuated. The two suspects are said to have been in a domestic dispute and are at large. CPD has identified them and is asking them to turn themselves in. The firearm recovered has been connected to the shooting. At least two firearms were discharged and multiple shell casings were recovered from the scene. If you have any information on the shooting please call the Columbus Police at 614-645-4545
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn Testifies He’d Never Been Called N-Word In Uniform Until Jan. 6: ‘Is This America?’
- Disney Store in Polaris Store Set to Close
- Simone Biles Out of Olympic Gymnastics Competition
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — July 27, 2021: March to End Filibuster — Travel Restrictions Will Not Be Lifted — Robert Parris Moses, Dies at 86
- Whoopi Goldberg Set To Produce & Act In a Film About Emmett Till’s Mom
- Toyota’s Basketball Robot Is Dropping Dimes At The Tokyo Olympics & It’s Scaring People
- Like Mother, Like Daughter: Tracee Ellis Ross Recreates A Fierce Photo Of Diana Ross
- Four People Shot in Short North Weekend Shooting
- Red, White & Boom Make-Up Date Officially Cancelled
- What’s The Tea: US Basketball Team Loses To France Ending A 25 Game Winning Streak