Cedar Point is already starting to make plans for the 2020 season, even though there is still a lot of uncertainty surrounding its exact status, especially with the coronavirus pandemic still looming.
Opening day for the Sandusky, Ohio park, and other Cedar Fair properties, has been delayed indefinitely, and it is still not known when it will start up for the season.
From WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland:
Still, president and CEO of Cedar Fair, Richard Zimmerman, sounded hopeful on the call, saying the plan is to reopen all parks sometime in 2020. He said that once governments give the green light, however, it would still take a minimum of 2-to-3 weeks to get up and running.
During the closure, Cedar Point is working on developing some new guidelines to make sure employees and guests are safe.
Among the changes coming to the park would involve “limiting capacity,” cleaning up and sanitizing the park thoroughly and often, “social distancing plans for ride lines,” and payment options that do not involve cash.
Cedar Point has also mentioned that season tickets for this year would be honored for next year.
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of Cedar Point
Second Picture Courtesy of Lexington Herald-Leader and Getty Images
COVID-19: Ohio Coronavirus Update as of April 1st
1. March comes to a close but COVID-19 has not...1 of 44
2. Ohio COVID-19 age range / gender as of 3/312 of 44
3. Ohio COVID-19 coronavirus cases by county as of 3/313 of 44
4. Ohio coronavirus deaths by county as of 3/314 of 44
5. Ohio COVID-19 hospitalizations as of 3/315 of 44
6. Stimulus Checks are on the way!6 of 44
7.7 of 44
8.8 of 44
9. Ohio Primary Election Set For April 28th9 of 44
10. Ohio school buildings ordered to stay closed until May 31st - Virtual Lessons ensue.10 of 44
11. 29,191 individuals tested in #Ohio.11 of 44
12. COVID-19 Around Ohio as of 3/3112 of 44
13. Why #SocialDistancing is essential?13 of 44
14. Ohio Department of Health Still Need More Supplies.14 of 44
15. Concerns still grow as limited testing is still a challenge.15 of 44
16. But new rapid COVID-19 tests are on the way!16 of 44
17. Thanks to Battelle, Ohio is leading in N95 mask sterilization!17 of 44
18.18 of 44
19. For those who need utility assistance:19 of 44
20. Need utilities re-instated?20 of 44
21. For Small Businesses:21 of 44
22. More Business Resorces:22 of 44
23. Governor DeWine addresses issues with Ohio's unemployment compensation system23 of 44
24.24 of 44
25. Ohio BMV Update:25 of 44
26. Ohio State Parks Remain Open26 of 44
27. Mental Heath Services:27 of 44
28.28 of 44
29. Federal tax filing deadline extended to July 15th29 of 44
30. State of Ohio tax filing deadline extended to July 15th30 of 44
31. Still need to do your taxes?31 of 44
32.32 of 44
33.33 of 44
34.34 of 44
35. Judges stop Ohio from banning abortions during COVID-19 pandemic35 of 44
36. Planned Parenthood remains open36 of 44
37.37 of 44
38.38 of 44
39. Ohio prison coronavirus updates:39 of 44
40.40 of 44
41. Ohio prisons are now working to make #PPE or personal protective equipment.41 of 44
42.42 of 44
43. 2020 Census Mailers Went Out!43 of 44
44. While you might have a couple extra minutes, complete your Census!44 of 44
LOCAL NEWS: Cedar Point Plans To Reopen for 2020 When Given Approval was originally published on wzakcleveland.com