Missy B sat down with Jaye Turner, an advocate for the foster care community. From being in foster care to a teen mother, she has had her fair share of difficult times. Now, she’s raising awareness and educating the community through her non-profit organization, El’lesun.
Famous Folks Who Were Adopted or Orphaned
1. NFL wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was raised by his aunt Shirley and her husband after his mother was incarcerated for intent to distribute cocaine when he was 11-years-old. His father was serving overseas in the Army..Source: 1 of 1
- Book Your Cabin for the Unsung Cruise!
- Cleveland Public Library Staff Could Go On Strike Depending on Contract Situation
- Jackson Pike Jail Undergoes State Inspection After Downtown Jail Found Disgusting!
- Behind The Scenes: ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Directors Want Eddie Murphy Sequel As Their Next Project
- TRIED IT: Skin Seeds Aloe Glow Sheet Skin Mask
- OWN Reportedly Cancels John Gray’s ‘The Book Of Gray’ After Three Seasons
- Pourquoi? Commes des Garçons Threw Some Tired Ol’ Cornrow Wigs On White Models For Paris Fashion Week
- Kanye West On His Battle With Alcohol: ‘Devil, You’re Not Going to Beat Me Today’
- COLUMBUS: It’s Officially 614 Restaurant Week!
- Nostalgia: 16 Photos Of What The Grammys Was Like 10 Years Ago
On The Mic Podcast with Missy B: Advocating for the Foster Care Community was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com