Missy B sat down with Jaye Turner, an advocate for the foster care community. From being in foster care to a teen mother, she has had her fair share of difficult times. Now, she’s raising awareness and educating the community through her non-profit organization, El’lesun.
Famous Folks Who Were Adopted or Orphaned
1. NFL wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was raised by his aunt Shirley and her husband after his mother was incarcerated for intent to distribute cocaine when he was 11-years-old. His father was serving overseas in the Army..Source: 1 of 1
- Aspiring Black Cops Say Racist Hurdles Kept Them Out Of Philly Police Force
- Top 10 Little Things that Keep Us Happy During Pandemic!
- Michigan Official Defends N-Word Against Black Lives Matter: ‘It Is Not Racism’
- Cincinnati: Shooting In Mt Airy
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — August 7, 2020: Michelle Obama Gets Candid — Joe Biden Launches Black Ads — Unemployment Rises
- Fake ‘Black People Vote For Trump’ Account Is Part Of Huge Takedowns By Facebook
- Columbus Man Shot For “Messing Up Haircut”
- Cincinnati: UC Will Limit The Number Of Fans This Coming Season
- Governor Mike DeWine Test Positive for COVID-19 Then Negative in 2nd Test
- UConn Becomes First NCAA Football Team To Cancel Season Due To COVID-19
On The Mic Podcast with Missy B: Advocating for the Foster Care Community was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com