According to NBC4i, fresh on the heels of raising rates for certain Columbus customers, AEP Ohio on Thursday said it was planning for another rate hike affecting more of them.
The power company has been gradually and automatically opting people into the Clean Energy Columbus Program. This switched them to clean energy sources, but gave customers a higher rate from 5.499 cents to 7.884 cents per kilowatt hour from 2022 into 2023. AEP clients have had the option to opt out of this program for lower rates, but they will have different choices regarding the latest hike.
AEP Ohio’s President Mark Reitter emailed customers Thursday evening to let them know that more energy usage and higher generation costs will lead to electric bill hikes for “many customers,” beginning in June.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Joys & Concerns: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Talk About it With Jesus | Ericaism
- Tye Tribett Debut’s His new Single “Only One Night Tho”
- Communication Makes Your Marriage Run Smoother | Dr. Willie Jolley
- The White House Announces Its First-Ever Juneteenth Concert
- Running Feud Led To Father And Son Murder After High School Graduation In Virginia
- Mary J. Blige: I’m One Of The Strong Friends Out The Group, Check On Your Strong Friend
- RIP Gideon | Mr. Griffin
- What The Florida Travel Ban Really Means and How to Help
- Black Man Killed In Colorado After Cops’ Delayed Response To Wife’s 911 Call, Attorney Says
AEP Ohio confirms rate hike for customers was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
10 Power Messages From Bishop T.D. Jakes To Get You Through 2023
10 Power Messages From Joel Osteen For Spiritual Growth
8 Christian Hip Hop Songs by Lecrae To Praise God To
Plastic Surgeon Linked To Jacky Oh Is ‘Liposuction & BBL Specialist’ With Negative Online Reviews
Download Our New Joy 107.1 Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Win Tickets to See Smoke Norful at the Ohio Black Expo
Watch: Inspired by Kelly Price Hosted by Stowe
RIP Gideon | Mr. Griffin