Wednesday morning Otterbein University and President, John Comerford, officially announced that they were 1 of 23 schools in the nation and the only school in the state of Ohio to be selected to host a Truth, Racial Healing and Transformation Center. John Comerford says that the university is, “Not afraid to do the right thing first… We hope this creates a movement that creates change in our region for the better.” James Prysock, Otterbein’s Director for the Office of Activism and Social Justice, shared with us that he was a member of the team that the university sent out to get trained for the launch of this program and conversation. He told us that he has studied and researched other programs around the world and is confident that the TRHT program can meet if not exceed the success of those.
This was an event full of representatives from the city of Westerville and the city of Columbus including; Cheryl Ward from Columbus City Schools, Elizabeth Brown who is a City of Columbus Council Member, and Pastor Vaughn Bell who is a Board Member of the Westerville City Schools. With support from partners, the city of Columbus and the City of Westerville, Otterbein can achieve its goal of not ignoring the conversation of racial conflict and existence.
- Indiana Grandmother Sentenced To Probation In Capitol Attack After White Tears Helped Her Avoid Jail Time
- Former Nickelodeon Star Pleads Guilty to Attempted Child Endangerment In Ohio
- The Perfect Pair! Tye Tribbett & Jekalyn Carr Tapped To Host 2021 Stellar Gospel Music Awards
- After Border Backlash From Conservatives, Kamala Harris Is Set To Go South
- Voting Rights Tour Raises Awareness Across The South On Its Way To D.C.
- OSU to make Decision on Senate Bill 187, Players Making Money Off their Name
- Police Investigating a Shooting near downtown Columbus
- ‘Dismantling Democracy’: Republicans’ Latest Filibuster Is Another Attempt To ‘Kill Black Voting Power’
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — June 23, 2021: Blocked Elections Bill — Extend Eviction Moratorium — Olympic Hopeful Noah Lyles
- Candace Owens Charged $30K For Republican Speaking Gig She Abruptly Reneged On: Report