Another one bites the dust.
Sen. Cory Booker decided Monday to end his bid for the White House, making the announcement in the form of an email sent to supporters.
“Nearly one year ago, I got in the race for president because I believed to my core that the answer to the common pain Americans are feeling right now, the answer to Donald Trump’s hatred and division, is to reignite our spirit of common purpose to take on our biggest challenges and build a more just and fair country for everyone,” he said. “I’ve always believed that. I still believe that. I’m proud I never compromised my faith in these principles during this campaign to score political points or tear down others.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to NBC News, Booker shared his plans with his staff during a conference call at his campaign headquarters in Newark, NJ before making his announcement public.
With his departure, former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is now the only black candidate remaining in the 12-candidate Democratic primary.
Source: NBC News
- Supreme Court Makes Landmark Ruling Deeming Half of Oklahoma Native American Territory
- Say Hello To Javicia Leslie, TV’s First Black Batwoman!
- Rickey Smiley Speaks On Therapy Following Daughter’s Shooting And PTSD
- Company That Owns Lane Bryant Files For Bankruptcy, Closing 1,200 Stores
- DISCUSSION: Should The Cleveland Indians Become The Cleveland Buckeyes?
- Cincinnati: Shooting In Pleasant Ridge
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — July 13, 2020: Get Out And Vote! — Roger Stone Sentence Commuted — Reparations, Maybe?
- Scripture For The Week “Wisdom Knows When To Speak”
- Prayer Requests “Pray For Wisdom and Understanding”
- COVID-19 TESTING LOCATIONS – FREE SCREENINGS
Another One: Sen. Cory Booker Drops Out Of 2020 Presidential Race was originally published on 92q.com