Another one bites the dust.
Sen. Cory Booker decided Monday to end his bid for the White House, making the announcement in the form of an email sent to supporters.
“Nearly one year ago, I got in the race for president because I believed to my core that the answer to the common pain Americans are feeling right now, the answer to Donald Trump’s hatred and division, is to reignite our spirit of common purpose to take on our biggest challenges and build a more just and fair country for everyone,” he said. “I’ve always believed that. I still believe that. I’m proud I never compromised my faith in these principles during this campaign to score political points or tear down others.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to NBC News, Booker shared his plans with his staff during a conference call at his campaign headquarters in Newark, NJ before making his announcement public.
With his departure, former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is now the only black candidate remaining in the 12-candidate Democratic primary.
Source: NBC News
- Short North Food Hall Accused of Being Racist, Establishment Apologizes
- Fight at Cincinnati Waffle House Goes Viral [VIDEO]
- Georgia Church Donation Helps 1,200 Residents Erase $1.3 Million in Medical Debt
- Zazie Beetz Says Braids Might Be A Very Black Hairstyle, But They “Mimic” European Standards Of Beauty
- 20,000 Ohioans Could Lose SNAP Benefits!!
- 50 Cent Shares Video Of Columbus Girl Firing Gun and CPD Offer A Warning
- Tyler Perry And Crystal A. Fox Had A ‘Knock Down, Drag Out Argument’ About Hair On The Set of ‘A Fall From Grace’
- Mr. Griffin: Your Weaknesses Are Your Strengths [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Don’t Feel Bad If You’re A Quiet Praiser [VIDEO]
- Cincinnati: Thief Arrested After His DNA Was Found From A Beer Can
Another One: Sen. Cory Booker Drops Out Of 2020 Presidential Race was originally published on 92q.com