The suspect in a deadly mass shooting at a shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, on Saturday was widely identified on the internet as a young white man whose social media activity showed support and sympathy for the president’s apparent white nationalist agenda. The name and photos of a man purported to be Patrick Crusius quickly circulated across Twitter in the hours after the shooting that first began outside a Walmart store at Cielo Vista Mall was first reported. If those reports were accurate, Crusius, allegedly a Texas native, just turned 21 last week.
Washington Examiner reporter Anna Giaritelli tweeted a photo of the suspect she said law enforcement identified as being Patrick Crusius.
While officials did not immediately announce the identity of the shooter, the Washington Examiner reported that “A law enforcement source in El Paso told the Washington Examiner that 21-year-old suspect Patrick Crusius from Dallas, Texas, has been taken into custody.”
A manifesto purportedly written by Crusius, perhaps even in the hours before the shooting attack that according to one report left at least 18 people dead, was left behind. Pages of the manifesto included anti-immigrant rhetoric with the author going into depth on why he is “against race mixing,” supports the idea to “send them back” and offering a prediction of “genocide.”
Social media accounts allegedly belonging to Crusius were reportedly scrubbed in the hours before the attack at a mall.
But at least one tweet, apparently preserved by someone controlling an Antifa Twitter account, seemed to show he was in support of building President Donald Trump‘s wall along the nation’s southern border.
Violent White Folks Who Were Taken Into Custody With Loving Care By Police
1. Brad Parscale, demoted former Trump campaign managerSource:Getty 1 of 26
2. Brett HankisonSource:Shelby County Sheriff's Department 2 of 26
3. Thomas Kinworthy accused of killing Black cop, shooting another3 of 26
4. Dalton Potter allegedly shot a cop and another man4 of 26
5. White suspect physically attacking officer5 of 26
6. Kyle Rittenhouse, Kenosha Jacob Blake shooterSource:Twitter 6 of 26
7. White supremacist who beat a woman on video7 of 26
8. West Hollywood shooter8 of 26
9. Gregory and Travis McMichaelsSource:Glynn County Sheriff's Office 9 of 26
10. Anthony J. Trifiletti, shot an unarmed Black manSource:Saint Paul Police Department 10 of 26
11. Matthew Bernard, Killed Three People11 of 26
12.12 of 26
13. Mark Boisey13 of 26
14. Lorne BrownSource:NBC Miami 14 of 26
15. Patrick Crusius, El Paso Mall Mass Shooting Suspect15 of 26
16. Aaron DeanSource:Tarrant County Jail 16 of 26
17. Amber Guyger17 of 26
18. James Holmes18 of 26
19. Michael Mattioli19 of 26
20. Dylann RoofSource:Getty 20 of 26
21. Matthew Sloan Punched And Spit On Police...21 of 26
22. Assaulted Police And Even Chased Them...22 of 26
23. Shot At Police At Trump Tower...23 of 26
24. Shot At Police At Walmart -- And Was Let Go...24 of 26
25. Man Holds Black Man At Gunpoint And He Is Calmly Arrested...25 of 26
El Paso Shooter Identified Online As Trump Supporter Who Didn’t Like ‘Race Mixing’ was originally published on newsone.com