Wednesday was a scary day for students and staff at South Mifflin Elementary School after a gun was found at the Columbus school.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
A teacher took immediate action after she received a tip that there was a weapon in her classroom and it was being used to threaten students. The classroom was evacuated and officials came in and worked with the Safety and Security team to find and remove the gun.
South Mifflin Elementary School Principal Pamela D. Eberhardt-Horton sent a letter home with students stating, “Columbus City Schools has a Zero Tolerance policy on possession of any kind of weapon. Students will face disciplinary actions, including the potential of suspension or expulsion, if found to be in possession of any item deemed potentially dangerous to themselves or others in a school environment. The consequences of having a weapon outside of school can be even more extreme. Whether in the neighborhood or at home, young people need to understand the dangers of having a gun, taser, or other type of weapon – even fake ones that look real. We need families to have thoughtful age-appropriate conversations about gun violence and warnings about what is not acceptable to bring to school. I also encourage you to remind your child that if they see something, they should say something.”
No word on if the owner of the gun has been located or what further action will be taken.
Columbus City Schools has a new anonymous hotline to report safety threats to schools or students. If you see something say something and call 1-844-SAFER-OH
Radio One and Nationwide Children's Hospital #OnOurSleeves
1. Radio One and Nationwide Children's Hospital #OnOurSleevesSource:Radio One Digital 1 of 4
2. Radio One and Nationwide Children's Hospital #OnOurSleevesSource:Radio One Digital 2 of 4
3. Radio One and Nationwide Children's Hospital #OnOurSleevesSource:Radio One Digital 3 of 4
4. Radio One and Nationwide Children's Hospital #OnOurSleevesSource:Radio One Digital 4 of 4
- White Student In Viral Blackface Photo Attacks People For ‘Blasting’ The Photo
- Gospel Radio Awards To Honor Mary Mary & Tye Tribbett In 2020
- Listen: Deborah Joy Winans Remixes Classic Mississippi Mass Choir Song “When I Rose” For ‘Greenleaf’ Series Soundtrack
- New Music Alert! Jason McGee & The Choir Drop New Single, “Never Let Me Go” [VIDEO]
- Flash Back Friday: This Old Video Of Keke Wyatt & Ron Poindexter Gave Us Chills
- Kenyan Government Slammed After Girl Commits Suicide For Alleged Period Shaming
- Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax Sues CBS For Gayle King’s Interview With His Accusers
- Aoki Lee Simmons & Her Black Harvard Squad Shine In All-White
- Comeback Season: ‘Girlfriends’ Cast To Reunite & ‘Black Jesus’ Returns
- Worthington Daycare Workers Fired For Torturing 5 yr Old
Gun Found in South Mifflin Elementary School Classroom was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com