Apparently John Singleton‘s stroke last week was far more severe than originally reported. The Boyz N The Hood and Higher Learning director is currently in a medically induced coma according to TMZ and the family is in the process of establishing a conservatorship for him.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton returned from Costa Rica last week and complained of problems with his legs. He checked himself into the hospital and suffered the stroke on Wednesday. Family originally characterized the stroke as mild but Singleton’s mother Sheila Ward is asking for a judge to appoint her temporary conservator because he’s “unable to properly provide for his personal needs for physical health, food, clothing, or shelter.”
The 51-year-old director did not have any medical directives.
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Georgia Judge Sets Trial Date In Ahmaud Arbery Murder Case
- Missing College Student Saniyya Dennis Appears To Have Died By Suicide, DA Says
- Who Will Be Atlanta’s Next Mayor? Keisha Lance Bottoms Knows ‘The People It Should Not Be’
- Justice For George Floyd: 4 Ex-Cops Involved In His Death Indicted On Civil Rights Charges
- Columbus One of Nations Fastest Growing Metropolitan Area
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — May 7, 2021: Mother’s Day — Voting Law Lawsuit — Lowest Levels of Pandemic
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Not Seeking Another Term In November
- Learn From The Best: Celebrity MUA Olivia Song Is Sharing Her Techniques On A 6-City Masterclass Tour
- New Georgia Law Looks To Get College Athletes Paid
- Erica Campbell Wore A LBD From Kierra Sheard’s Eleven60 Line To Host ‘Urban One Honors’
John Singleton Reportedly In Coma After Suffering Stroke was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com