PJ Morton is going to give us that Gospel album we’ve all been asking for.
Tyscot Music & Entertainment has signed an agreement with Morton Records to release two exciting projects via Morton Records’ Inspiration division.
The first will be the solo album debut by Atlanta-based singer-songwriter, Josiah “Jojo” Martin, who toured as a background vocalist for Fred Hammond and Morton for years. A radio single will release later this year with the full album to follow.
In 2020, Morton Inspiration will deliver an all-star project entitled, The Gospel According to PJ, which will feature reinterpretations of hit songs Morton has written for other celebrated artists over the years.
“I’m very excited about the new partnership between Morton Inspiration and Tyscot Records,” says PJ Morton. “I’ve seen Tyscot do an amazing job in gospel music for many years. When I decided to produce a gospel compilation and sign a gospel artist Jojo Martin, I knew that I needed a strong partner that could successfully move in that space. There was no better fit for us.”
Celebrating the Winans [Photos]
1.Source: 1 of 13
2.Source: 2 of 13
3.Source: 3 of 13
4.Source: 4 of 13
5.Source: 5 of 13
6.Source: 6 of 13
7.Source: 7 of 13
8. 2014 US Open - Day 1Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. 2014 Soul Train Music Awards - Red CarpetSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. 2014 Soul Train Music Awards - Style StageSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. Centric Presents: The 2014 Soul Train Awards - ShowSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Centric Presents: The 2014 Soul Train Awards - ShowSource:Getty 12 of 13
13. Centric Presents: The 2014 Soul Train Awards - ShowSource:Getty 13 of 13
PJ MORTON ‘THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO PJ’ COMING SOON! was originally published on praisecleveland.com