Georgia voters received a racist robocall targeting the state’s Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams, according to a report by CNN.
The call features a voice impersonating Oprah Winfrey, who appeared on the campaign trail Thursday (Nov. 1) in support of Abrams. In about a 60-second pre-recorded message, racist and anti-Semitic rhetoric is used to mock the media titan and attack Abrams.
The message was created by a white supremacist group called The Road to Power, CNN reported. The group is known for anti-Semitic video podcasts. It previously attacked Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum after he won the nomination in the August primary and again in October.
According to the report, it is unknown how many voters received this call.
#CouplesWeLove: Oprah & Stedman’s Love Has Stood The Test Of Time
1.1 of 12
2. 47th Annual Golden Apple Awards2 of 12
3. 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter – Arrivals3 of 12
4. ‘Selma’ And The Legends Who Paved The Way Gala4 of 12
5. Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham5 of 12
6. 2010 Kennedy Center Honors6 of 12
7. The 33rd Annual Kennedy Center Honors7 of 12
8. Premiere of Beloved ’988 of 12
9. The 67th Annual Academy Awards – Arrivals9 of 12
10. LEE DANIELS’ THE BUTLER New York Premiere, Hosted By TWC, Samsung Galaxy And DeLeon Tequila10 of 12
11. USA – Presidential Inauguration – Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham at Inauguration11 of 12
12. Moet & Chandon At The 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards – Inside12 of 12
Racist Robocall From Oprah Impersonator Targets Georgia Governor’s Race was originally published on blackamericaweb.com