On December 5, 2017, Keisha Lance Bottoms defeated Norwood in the Mayoral election. She took office in January 2018 and is only the second female mayor of Atlanta.
It wasn’t an easy race, she faced push back and lack of support from those who she thought would support her. But, she didn’t let that stop her, she knew that “the vast majority of Atlanta” would support her. But most importantly it was “what God told me to go and do,” she said.
“My faith is everything to me,” Bottoms said. Over the years she has learned to trust her gut and the little voice in her spirit, she says “that’s the voice of God.” She has made decisions “that haven’t made sense to anybody,” but she operates off of faith and it hasn’t steered her wrong yet.
Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]
1. The Manns1 of 11
2. Willie Moore with Evelyn Lozada and her daughter2 of 11
3. Mary Mary and Willie3 of 11
4. No Malice and Willie4 of 11
5. Willie and Jennifer Williams5 of 11
6. William Mcdowell6 of 11
7. The Hairstons7 of 11
8. Dr. Ian Smith with Willie Moore Jr.8 of 11
9. The Walls Group stopped by!9 of 11
10. Willie Moore with the "Growing up Hip-Hop" cast10 of 11
11. Willie Moore with the Ron Carter Academy11 of 11
Mayor Of Atlanta, Keisha Lance Bottoms, Says Her Faith Is ‘Everything’ was originally published on blackamericaweb.com