The Ohio State University suspended head coach Urban Meyer for 3 games following a more than two week long investigation regarding his knowledge of domestic abuse against former assistant coach Zach Smith.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
OSU President Dr. Michael Drake and the school’s Board of Trustees met and deliberated for more than 10 hours Wednesday before coming to the conclusion that Meyer would be suspended. In addition OSU Athletic Director Gene Smith was suspended from August 31 through Sept 16.
Meyer will miss a home against Oregon State and Rutgers, and a neutral-site game against TCU at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Invention That Protects Your Nose During Allergy Season [VIDEO]
- Professor Charged With Arson After Bringing Gasoline And Lighter Fluid Into St. Patrick’s Cathedral [VIDEO]
- 10-Year-Old Dancer Born With Rare Disease Goes Viral For Doing Flips With Her Prosthetic Leg [VIDEO]
- Is Social Media Stalking Detrimental To Our Mental Health?
- TSA Agents Reveal Their Body Scanners Might Be Discriminatory Against Black Women
- For People Asking What Ciara’s Prayer Was To Receive A Rare, Christ-Loving, Black, NFL Star, She Answered
- There’s A 24-Hour Black News Channel Coming Our Way This Fall
- Cleveland Police Takes Inmate Who Had Escaped Back Into Custody
- “Hey Queen!”: Michelle Obama Praises Beyoncé On The Impact Of “Homecoming” [VIDEO]
- Adrienne Houghton’s Plans For The Summer? Getting Pregnant: “I’m Ready To Experience That Miracle”