Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Remembering Snoop Dogg’s Gospel Hits on His B-Day
- New Jam: Sean Scales – Blessing Business
- Freedom To Vote Act: Here’s 5 Things To Know About The Landmark Legislation
- Potential Jurors With Ties To Ahmaud Arbery’s Killers Not Dismissed As Jury Selection Drags On
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 20, 2021: Will Voting Rights Act Pass? — Howard Protests Continue — White House Resignations
- Washington State Sheriff Faces Charges Connected To Racial Profiling Incident Involving A Black Newspaper Carrier, Local Black Lives Matter Group Wants Him To Resign
- Howard University Students Stand Firm In Demands As Atlanta HBCU Students Join Movement
- Rahm Emanuel’s Ambassador Hearing Set For Anniversary Of Laquan McDonald’s Murder He Allegedly Covered Up
- Columbus offering city employees vaccine incentive
- Columbus police holding gun buy back event
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com