Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 26, 2020: Could Mississippi Make History? —Woman, 94, Travels 600 Miles to Vote — Illinois Policeman Fired
- Scripture For The Week “Accept What Is Right”
- VIDEO: Senator Kamala Harris Makes Several Cleveland Stops To Greet Voters!
- Is It Ok To Put Your Friendships On Pause During The Pandemic?
- Alicia Garza Says FBI Foiled Plot By Suspected White Supremacists Who Had Her Name ‘On A List’
- Text To Win: Brian Courtney Wilson Private Virtual Meet & Greet [CONTEST]
- Exclusive: Jekalyn Carr Describes All The Ways God Is ‘Changing Her Story’ [VIDEO]
- Cincinnati: Are The Road Crews Ready For The Winter???
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 23, 2020: Trump vs. Biden — Updated CDC Guidelines — Costly Trading Mistakes
- Kristen Welker Wins Final Presidential Debate As Moderator Is Praised For Her Performance
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
1. Don CorneliusSource: 1 of 10
2. Robin WilliamsSource: 2 of 10
3. Lee Thompson YoungSource: 3 of 10
4. Simone BattleSource: 4 of 10
5. Aaron HernandezSource: 5 of 10
6. Chris LightySource: 6 of 10
7. AviciiSource: 7 of 10
8. Alexander McQueenSource: 8 of 10
9. Freddy E.Source: 9 of 10
10. Kate SpadeSource: 10 of 10
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com