CLOSE

According to Fox 28, quick work by firefighters on Sunday morning saved a woman from more serious injury, after a chair she was sitting in ignited in flame and she was unable to escape.

Columbus Division of Fire battallion chief Rick Artrip said that firefighters have visited the home before to help the woman move around or stand up. After something started her upholstered chair on fire early Sunday, she was unable to move up and away from the chair, resulting in the burns over her body.

Investigators with the Columbus Division of Fire remained on scene Sunday morning to determine the exact cause.

Also On Joy 107.1: