ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- ARETHA FRANKLIN IS REPORTEDLY GRAVELY ILL IN DETROIT HOSPITAL!
- Black Lives Matter & More Outnumber Small Number Of White Supremacists At The Unite To Right Rally In D.C.
- Delay in Austin Vote Pumps up Columbus Crew Soccer Fans
- Lezley McSpadden, Michael Brown’s Mother, Announces Bid For Ferguson City Council
- David & Tamela Mann Talk About How They Make Time For Each Other [EXCLUSIVE]
- Zach Smith to Meet with Hired Ohio State Investigators Next Week
- Amazon Looking to Hire 200 Employees to Work from Home
- David Mann Delivers A Prayer For His Neck, Back & Knees [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- John David Washington Reacts To Being In Theaters The Same Time As His Father Denzel Washington
- ‘Star Trek’ Actress Nichelle Nichols Diagnosed With Dementia