ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lessons We Learned Over The Weekend [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- All The White Women Calling Cops On Black People Now Have A New Hotline
- Reports Show Chicago Schools Just As Segregated As Ever
- Ericaism: Forgiveness Feels Better [EXCLUSIVE]
- Details Of Botham Jean’s Family Lawsuit Against Dallas Are Revealed
- Andrew Gillum’s Grandmother Leaves Lasting Impression On Him [EXCLUSIVE]
- Trend Of HBCU Carjackings Raises Concerns For Black College Students In Atlanta
- Thousands Of NYPD Officers Could Go Without Bodycams After Massive Recall
- Is Netflix Using Racism To Make Black Viewers Watch White Movies?
- 5 Takeaways From Andrew Gillum’s Masterful Debate Dismantling Of Ron DeSantis