0 reads Leave a comment
- Call – If you know a veteran or family of a fallen soldier, call them and say thank you. Let them know you appreciate what they have done for you as an individual and for our country.
- Fly a flag half-staff until noon. Memorial Day is a national day of mourning. Great way to show the United States of America some respect and pride.
- Attend a parade to pay tribute to those who have sacrificed their life. They are our heroes and should be treated as such. We so often, don’t know what to do or say, the opportunity passes. Even fumbled words and messed up gifts show the gratitude of our hearts.
- Do something patriotic for a service family. Some retirement facilities have a very large numbers of veterans and widows. Spent sometime with them and ask to hear their stories. There is so much we can learn from them.
- Pray for the families who have lost a child, spouse, or parents protecting our rights. The grieving doesn’t stop. The “National Moment of Remembrance” is at 3:00pm our fallen heroes have given all they could give lets at least leave flowers or a flag to show your respect for the fallen..
Also On Joy 107.1: