Will Smith will produce Uptown Saturday Night via his Overbrook banner.
“Will Smith, who at one time was circling the project as a possible starring vehicle, is set to produce via his Overbrook banner”, according to Hollywood Reporter.
The original starred Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby as two friends who visit a high-end, underworld nightclub where they get robbed and have to go searching for a winning lottery ticket.
Black-ish creator Kenya Barris wrote the most recent draft of the movie.
Fresh off his massive hit Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which grossed over $960 million and is set for a sequal, Kevin Hart also has another comedy starring opposite Tiffany Haddish called Night School in the works as well.
Are you excited for this remake? Check out clips from the 1974 original below!
- The NBA is Back and Headlines are Already Being Made
- The TikTok Discover List
- Remembering Snoop Dogg’s Gospel Hits on His B-Day
- New Jam: Sean Scales – Blessing Business
- Freedom To Vote Act: Here’s 5 Things To Know About The Landmark Legislation
- 5 Times Madame Vice President Kamala Harris Made Boss Moves In Her Power Suits
- Potential Jurors With Ties To Ahmaud Arbery’s Killers Not Dismissed As Jury Selection Drags On
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 20, 2021: Will Voting Rights Act Pass? — Howard Protests Continue — White House Resignations
- Washington State Sheriff Faces Charges Connected To Racial Profiling Incident Involving A Black Newspaper Carrier, Local Black Lives Matter Group Wants Him To Resign
- Howard University Students Stand Firm In Demands As Atlanta HBCU Students Join Movement
Kevin Hart to Star in ‘Uptown Saturday Night’ Remake Produced By Will Smith was originally published on rnbphilly.com