According to NBC4i, Columbus City Councilwoman Lourdes Barroso de Padilla hosted the first public hearing Tuesday on reducing the speed limit throughout Downtown from 35 miles per hour to 25 miles per hour.
Proponents of the legislation said it’s part of Vision Zero Columbus, which works to promote safe travel for those walking, biking, or in a motor vehicle.
All of those who spoke during the public comment portion agreed with the proposal to reduce the speed limit, with some saying this is just the first step in making the roads safer.
“When we talk about the safety of our people, we’ve talked about safety in many forms this evening and I think this is just one way for us to address it,” de Padilla said.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Something More Powerful than Money| Dr. Willie Jolley
- Donald Lawrence Talks ‘In Him There Is No Sorrow’ Ft. Yolanda Adams [LISTEN]
- The Cathy Hughes Story: A Lesson in Persistence| Dr. Willie Jolley
- Cece Winans Introduces New Single ‘That’s My King’ [LISTEN]
- The Warren Shadd Story | Dr. Willie Jolley
- A Prayer for Godly Leadership by Rev. Dr. Ralph Martino [LISTEN]
- Urban One Honors Backstage Pass Sponsored by Intuit TurboTax
- The Jesse Owens Story: Outjump the Competition | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Enter to Win a Cabin on The Fantastic Voyage
CeCe Winans: “My Interest Isn’t The Game, It’s The Call” [WATCH]
Urban One Columbus Presents: 2024 Cutest Couple Contest
8 Christian Hip Hop Songs by Lecrae To Praise God To
Best In Black: Dionne Warwick, Frankie Beverly, Chlöe & More To Be Honored At The 6th Annual Urban One Honors
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
The Strange and Stunning 2024 GRAMMY Fashion
2024 Urban One Honors: Best in Black Celebrity Fashion
Joy 107.1 @ The First Annual Gospel Jazz and Rib Fest - Saturday, June 16th