According to NBC4i, Students of the state’s largest school district return to the classroom from winter break Wednesday, but the journey to get back to school will look pretty different for thousands.
Columbus City Schools District has completely overhauled the school bus routing system, which could mean a combination of a new bus driver, new routes, and/or new bus stops for nearly all of the district’s students.
On Tuesday, the Columbus City School Board held a meeting where members received a final update from the district’s transportation department.
The transportation changes have been weeks in the making and according to a transportation representative, the holiday break gave the district a chance to complete final run-throughs.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win Tickets to the Ohio Black Expo Culture Fest
- Florida High School Students Threaten To Sue Florida And Gov. Ron DeSantis Over AP Studies Ban
- 5 Memphis Police Officers Who Fatally Beat Tyre Nichols Charged With Murder
- White Supremacist Who Used Ax To Attack Black Man Is Sentenced For Racist Hate Crime
- Nikole Hannah-Jones’ ‘The 1619 Project’ Is Coming To Hulu With A 6-Part Series
- Breaking: ‘Enkyboys’ Viral TikTok Dad Randy Gonzalez Passes Away At 35
- Any Day Now: Georgia DA Fani Willis Could Indict Trump Soon Over ‘The Big Lie’
- U.S., Germany, & Others Approve To Send Tanks To Ukraine
- Video Of Bethune-Cookman Football Players Sharing Helmets Spotlights Ed Reed’s Concerns About Resources
- Jonathan McReynolds Is Number One On Billboard’s Gospel Air Play Chart Five Weeks in a Row (Week of January 28, 2023)
- Emmett Till’s Family, “Till” Director Respond to Oscars Snub