According to NBC4i, Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud will have another opportunity to win college football’s most iconic individual award.
It was announced Monday night that Stroud is among the finalists for the 2022 Heisman Trophy alongside USC quarterback Caleb Williams, TCU quarterback Max Duggan, and Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett. Stroud, a third-year quarterback, was a finalist for the Heisman last year, finishing fourth in the voting with Alabama QB Bryce Young claiming the award.
Since 1982, the Heisman committee has announced at least three finalists each year, with Stroud being the first Buckeye in that time to be a two-time finalist. He is vying to be the first OSU player to win the Heisman since Troy Smith in 2006 and give Ohio State a record eighth Heisman trophy win.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Ground breaks at Zora’s House’s new community space
- New Bill Would Allow Inmates To Donate Their Organs For Reduced Sentences
- Is It Time To Rethink Police Traffic Stops?
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- Tone-Deaf Miami Cops Unveil Black History Month-Themed Police Car
- U.S. Concerned About Chinese Balloon
- Viola Davis, Jill Biden, Among List of Presenters For 2023 Grammy Awards
- Rapper 2 Chainz’ lounge-style restaurant makes its Columbus debut
- Black Caucus Meets With White House On Police Reform In Wake Of Tyre Nichols Murder
- Shake Shack opening seventh Ohio location
C.J. Stroud named Heisman Trophy finalist for second time was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com