According to NBC4i, Sunday marks two years since Casey Goodson Jr. was shot and killed by now retired Franklin County Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Meade. Every day since, Goodson’s mother, Tamala Payne, has worked to keep her son’s memory alive.
“Casey was full of life, full of love. His siblings, that’s all he cared about. His siblings were like his kids, he was an old soul, he was a wonderful dude,” Payne said.
Payne said some days are difficult, but she keeps pushing through for her son. On Sunday, the anniversary of his death, Payne got together with other family and friends for a celebration of Goodson’s life. Pictures and messages of love for Goodson were placed all around the space.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Pursue Excellence and You Can Make History | Dr. Willie Jolley
- The Dr. Carter G. Woodson Story: You Are Unique, So Live Like It! | Dr. Willie Jolley
- The Breathe Life Bible Provides a Special Way to Read the Word
- 2024 Tax Season Refunds and IRS Rules with Jini Thornton
- The Wilma Rudolph Story: Winning The Race| Dr. Willie Jolley
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Something More Powerful than Money| Dr. Willie Jolley
- Donald Lawrence Talks ‘In Him There Is No Sorrow’ Ft. Yolanda Adams [LISTEN]
- The Cathy Hughes Story: A Lesson in Persistence| Dr. Willie Jolley
- Cece Winans Introduces New Single ‘That’s My King’ [LISTEN]
Celebration of life held for Casey Goodson Jr. two years after shooting was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
8 Christian Hip Hop Songs by Lecrae To Praise God To
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
Donald Lawrence Talks ‘In Him There Is No Sorrow’ Ft. Yolanda Adams [LISTEN]
Urban One Columbus Presents: 2024 Cutest Couple Contest
Best In Black: Dionne Warwick, Frankie Beverly, Chlöe & More To Be Honored At The 6th Annual Urban One Honors
The Strange and Stunning 2024 GRAMMY Fashion
2024 Urban One Honors: Best in Black Celebrity Fashion
Advertise With Us