According to NBC4i, An off-duty officer was shot at early Friday morning, prompting the temporary closure of Interstate 71 North.
Columbus police confirmed that just before 6 a.m. an off-duty officer was shot at while driving his KIA SUV to work on Interstate 70 eastbound towards I-71 North when he slowed down to let a silver SUV merge into the lane. At the same time a passenger in a black SUV, which occupied the opposite lane next to the officer, fired three shots at the officer’s car.
The driver’s side door and driver’s side rear passenger window were hit and then the black SUV fled northbound on I71.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Tom Joyner’s Flashback: On This Day Featuring Etta James
- Civil Rights Leaders Demand Action In Response To President Biden’s State Of The Union
- Donald Trump Re-Posts Photo Alleging Ron DeSantis Was ‘Groomer’ Of Teen Girls As High School Teacher
- Ohio takes center stage at State of the Union
- Police recover rearview mirror of car that killed cyclist in Eastland
- White Republicans Create Rogue Court System To Judge, Police Blackest City In America
- We Owe You One: What Black People Built
- The Murder Of Tyre Nichols: A Timeline Of Events
- Quotes You Should Read During Black History Month
- Time to Slow Down! Speed limits changing in Downtown Columbus