According to NBC4i, a woman is in critical condition after a shooting Saturday evening outside a carry-out location on the west side of Columbus.
Columbus police said the shooting happened on the 1100 block of Sullivant Avenue before 5 p.m.
Columbus police officers responded to a local hospital for a walk-in shooting victim at approximately 4:56 p.m. but were told the victim, a 34-year-old woman, was taken to another hospital in critical condition.
A 40-year-old man who was with the victim at the time of the shooting told police the suspect fired several times into the back of their car, hitting the woman in the upper body.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Warnock Beats Herschel Walker To Win Tight Georgia Senate Runoff Election
- How To Uncover Your True Beauty With Erica Campbell | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Crew announce Wilfried Nancy as new head coach
- Columbus limits guns, objects to liquor licenses
- Columbus police chief responds after officer seen high-fiving Proud Boy
- Justice Alito Jokes About Black Children In KKK Costumes During Hearing On Discrimination. It Wasn’t Funny
- Deion Sanders: Sellout Or Blessing? | Get Up Poll
- Oklahoma Officer Who Facilitated Racist Attack On Black Inmate Sentenced For Civil Rights Violations
- Black Iowa Student Racially Harassed, School District Created ‘Hostile Environment,’ Feds Say
- ‘Cheers’ And ‘Look Who’s Talking’ Actress Kirstie Alley Passes Away at 71
Woman critical after shooting outside west Columbus carryout was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com