According to NBC4i, Ohioans overwhelmingly voted to approve two state constitutional amendments, changing the way judges set bail and modifying voter eligibility requirements, the AP projected Tuesday night.
Ohioans overwhelmingly voted to change the way judges set bail.
Issue 1 requires Ohio judges to consider public safety when setting bail for people facing criminal charges.
The constitutional amendment also eliminates the Ohio Supreme Court’s authority to establish bail-setting procedures, instead granting individual judges authority to determine bail amounts and conditions.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Louis York Opens Up in Single ‘Alone A Lot’ ft. Anthony Hamilton [LISTEN]
- The Entrance To New Opportunities | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Nationwide’s Announces Jingle Challenge Thanks To Erica Campbell’s Daughter Zaya’s Viral Rendition
- Ministry or Support Group | Faith Walking
- Ohio Announces Minimum Wage Increase for 2024
- Set The Pace | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Angel Taylor Talks Solo Debut and New Single ‘Speak’ [LISTEN]
- I’m Training Not Trying | Ericaism
- Cincinnati Students Walk Out to Rally For Palestine
- You’re Never Too Old To Dream | Dr. Willie Jolley
State issues 1 and 2 pass, changing Ohio’s bail and voter eligibility laws was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Joy's 12 Days of Holiday Magic
8 Christian Hip Hop Songs by Lecrae To Praise God To
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
Michigan Pastor Charged With Murdering Black Trans Woman
10 Power Messages From Bishop T.D. Jakes To Get You Through 2023
10 Power Messages From Joel Osteen For Spiritual Growth
Download Our New Joy 107.1 Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Ahjah Walls Engaged! Kyle Luce’ Put A Ring On It