According to NBC4i, use of force data from the Columbus Division of Police shows a disproportionately high amount of force used against Black people in Columbus.
According to public records, 52% of force by Columbus Police from 2017 to 2019 was used against Black people, despite the fact that Columbus’ population is roughly 29% Black.
Researchers with the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights compiled the data as part of its Accountable Now project, which aims to track use of force from law enforcement agencies across the country.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Damaged but Not Destroyed: From Trauma to Triumph with Mike Todd [LISTEN]
- Message of Encouragement | Faith Walking
- Walk In Your Power | Ericaism
- WGA Reaches Deal With Studios, Streamers To End Writers Strike
- Introducing Anisa Fowler’s Hit ‘Jesus All The Way’ | Get Up Exclusive
- Always Give God The Glory | Dr. Willie Jolley
- The Vision Will Not Lie…Wait For It! | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Faith Walking: With Guest Dr. Kym Lee
- Dwyane Wade Recounts “Rough Time” Telling Gabrielle Union He Was Having A Child With Another Woman
- Run Your Race with Grace and Power | Dr. Willie Jolley
Columbus police use higher amounts of force against Black people, data shows was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
10 Power Messages From Joel Osteen For Spiritual Growth
10 Power Messages From Bishop T.D. Jakes To Get You Through 2023
Download Our New Joy 107.1 Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Watch: Inspired by Kelly Price Hosted by Stowe
Erica Campbell’s ‘I Love You’ Album Release Party + Concert
WATCH: What You Need To Know — May 12, 2021: Confirm Kristen Clarke — Biggest Cyberattack on U.S. Energy — Vaccine Approved for Young Teens
8 Christian Hip Hop Songs by Lecrae To Praise God To
Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One