Earlier this week, Isaiah Washington talked to “Get Up! Mornings” about his role in the new TVOne movie, “Behind The Movement.” He plays E.D. Nixon, an instrumental but little-known figure in the Montgomery Bus Boycott. The movie sheds a lot of light on the parts of the Civil Rights movement that we don’t typically hear about, like the two women that refused to give up their seat before Rosa Parks.
GRIFF also shares a bit of black history, about baseball player Leroy Satchel Paige. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- [WATCH] Urban One Exclusive Interview with New Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — June 14, 2021: George Floyd Policing Act — Fight Against Voter Suppression — Prison Over Mask Dispute
- Water Rescue for Missing Swimmer Underway in Grove City
- Where to take Pops for Fathers Day?
- Critical Race Theory Used To Attack Black Arizona School Board Member
- Federal Judge Pauses Historic Funding For Black Farmers Because White Farmers Think It’s Racist
- Amid Calls To Defund Police, Law Enforcement Grapples With Low Recruitment Rates After George Floyd’s Death
- Alton Sterling’s Family Accepts $4.5M Settlement After Dropping Wrongful Death Suit
- In ‘Bittersweet’ Moment, Darnella Frazier Wins Pulitzer Prize Citation For Recording George Floyd’s Murder
- YOU’RE INVITED: Todd Dulaney’s Taking Over Get Up Mornings With Erica Campbell’s Facebook Live!
Pivotal Civil Rights Figures Who Came Before Rosa Parks [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com