According to NBC4i, a man who set off an hours-long standoff with the FBI and law enforcement after he walked into a field office Thursday with an assault rifle has been killed.
Around 9:15 a.m., the FBI said the suspect — who NBC News identified as Ricky Walter Shiffer — set off an alarm at its visitor screening facility in the Cincinnati area. NBC reported Shiffer fired a nail gun at law enforcement personnel and held up an assault rifle before fleeing in a vehicle.
A chase ensued onto I-71 North.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Commentary: New Republican ‘Commitment To America’ Is Out Of Step With Facts And What Voters Want
- Eastland Mall slapped with thousands in fines by Columbus
- New Questions Raised About Herschel Walker’s Claim Of Donating Corporate Profits To Charity
- Nick Fuentes’ Pro-Trump Video Urging A ‘White Uprising’ Reminds Us How Racists Love The GOP
- What Brett Favre’s Welfare Scandal Means For Black People In Mississippi
- Tennessee Cops Charge Black Student In Brutal School Arrest Video Over A Game Of Kickball
- Judge Ordered To Be Removed After Pulling A Gun On A Black Man In Court
- Did You Know Jeffrey Dahmer Was a Buckeye?
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Why Setbacks Are Only Temporary
- Is Ime Udoka Really Getting More Coverage Than Brett Favre ‘Stealing’ Welfare Money From Mississippi?
Armed man who tried to breach FBI Cincinnati office is dead was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com