According to NBC4i, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an on-camera statement regarding Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, effectively eliminating the constitutional right to abortion.
“My purpose tonight is not to debate the merits of this decision. There will be plenty of time to do this in the days and weeks ahead,” DeWine said. “I think it’s important as we discuss the abortion issue we in Ohio do it in a civil way and recognize there are people of good will on both sides who have strongly and honestly held beliefs.”
Shortly after DeWine spoke, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost announced the Heartbeat Bill has become law in the state, which bans abortion once a heartbeat is detected.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- POC Corrections Officers Barred From Jail Floor Where Derek Chauvin Was Held Settle Discrimination Lawsuit
- This Postpartum App Is Changing The Mental Health Care Space For Black Mothers
- Seattle Karen Demands To See Black Man’s Lease After Falsely Accusing Him Of Burglary…Of His Own Home
- These Black Women Are Making HERstory In Elections For Minnesota State Senate
- Advocates Sound Alarm About New Texting Policy That Could Have Negative Impacts On Black Voter Outreach
- Mississippi Grand Jury Finds ‘Insufficient Evidence’ To Charge Carolyn Bryant Donham In Emmett Till’s Killing
- Deadly Columbus robbery sees 3 suspects arrested a month later
- What’s Next For Serena Williams? 5 Ways She Can Still Win After Tennis
- ‘My Beautiful Home’: Donald Trump Whines After The FBI Raided His Mar-a-Lago Resort
- Forward City X Travis Greene Brings “Tent Revival” To The Get Up! Church [Listen]
Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com