Christian Rapper Big Redd hails from South Carolina, and has opened up for artists like Travis Greene and Kierra Sheard. He spoke with Erica Campbell and GRIFF about his song, “Running Back To You,” which he says he started writing two years ago. He recalled immediately wanting Fred Hammond to be on it, and talking to God about what to say in the song.
He talks about his intent to change generations by making gospel relatable to them, especially in a culture today where everything comes at you so fast.He shares his desire to be honest about all the different places you can be in your relationship with God. Big Redd also details how he eventually got Fred Hammond’s attention. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Watch Sen. Elizabeth Warren Destroy Ben Carson: ‘You Should Get Fired!’
- Man Dies From Movie Theater Seat
- Sheriff Clarke Defends Trump Against Joe Biden With A Homophobic Joke
- Redeveloping Neighborhoods in Columbus
- City Leaders Propose “Common Sense” Gun Reform
- Saints & Sinners Returns Sunday April 8th on Bounce TV
- Why Kierra Sheard Started Her Own Clothing Line
- Queen Latifah’s Mother Dies After Long Battle With Heart Failure
- Pastor Shirley Caesar Unsung On TV One Sunday March 25th
- Ericaism: “Fake Peace”