Dr. Ian Smith is a New York Times best-selling author and TV personality. He has authored fourteen books and served two terms on President Obama‘s council for fitness, sports and nutrition. At the start of a new year, dieting and working out is often the focus for many.
But Dr. Ian Smith explains why weight loss shouldn’t be a part of a New Year’s resolution, and how people commonly make a mistake in their choosing of a workout and dieting plan that fits them. He also talks about where to get protein on a meat-free diet, and why you should stay away from farm-raised fish. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
RELATED: Healthy Ever After: Dr. Ian Smith Reveals Sweets You Can Eat Without The Sugar [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
RELATED: Dr. Ian Smith Busts A Myth About Losing Belly Fat [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Dr. Ian Smith Explains Why Men Lose Weight Faster Than Women [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
Then & Now: Celebrities Who’ve Lost Weight & Look Better Than Ever
17 photos Launch gallery
1. Then: Fat Joe certainly lived up to his name in 2002.
1 of 17
2. Now: The rapper has clearly adopted a healthier lifestyle. Keep it up, Joe!
2 of 17
3. Then: Nicole Richie was noticeably plumper when she first came onto the scene.
3 of 17
4. Now: Nicole has made a shocking transformation.
4 of 17
5. Then: Mo’nique became known as one of the most vocal champions for big women.
5 of 17
6. Now: Although she still shows love to the thick girls, Mo’nique has dropped lots of pounds.
6 of 17
7. Then: Being labeled the “fat sister” put a lot of pressure on Khloe to turn her lifestyle around.
7 of 17
8. Now: Hate her or love her, how hot does Khloe look, though?
8 of 17
9. Then: Although she’s always been small, Snooki was once heavier than she is now.
9 of 17
10. Now: Snooki’s pushed out two adorable kids and bounced back like it was nothing.
10 of 17
11. Then: EJ Johnson wasn’t always lean and fit.
11 of 17
12. Now: EJ in 2016.
12 of 17
13. Then & Now: Timbaland has lost over 130 pounds. Good work, Timbo!
13 of 17
14. Then: Jennifer Hudson before the glo up.
14 of 17
15. Now: J. Hud is looking better than ever.
15 of 17
16. Then: Rick Ross was the biggest boss in more ways then one.
16 of 17
17. Now: He’s all about those PEARS.
17 of 17