According to NBC4i, a teen visitor to the Kaleidoscope Youth Center’s LGBTQ+ drop-in hours skipped the pleasantries in a scathing letter addressed to Ohio lawmakers – signing their name “with distaste.”
As state legislators prepare for a second hearing Thursday on a bill that would ban various medical procedures for transgender or non-binary minors in Ohio, queer youth who frequent the LGBTQ+ center Downtown poured their dissent into written testimony.
“This law won’t stop people from being transgender; it only takes away resources for folks to live their best lives,” Erin Upchurch, executive director of Kaleidoscope Youth Center, said while reading a teen’s letter.
“And this one that really just kind of hit home for me, you know, saying that it would take away their lifeline,” she said while reading another teen’s testimony.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- St. Louis To Consider Reparations For Black Residents
- The Great Holiday Giveback
- Trevor Noah Thanks Black Women During His Emotional ‘Daily Show’ Farewell Speech
- How Come All Americans Aren’t Happy Brittney Griner Was Freed From A Russian Prison?
- Kirk Franklin Talks “A Night Before Christmas” Special On Lifetime & Decision To No Longer Make Holiday Albims
- Fact Check: Would White People Really Be Eligible For Reparations?
- Brittney Griner’s Release: How Did It Even Happen?
- Two non-stop flights added to John Glenn International Airport
- Superintendent retiring from Columbus City Schools
- Did Russia Cut Brittney Griner’s Locs Off? Prisoner Swap Video Goes Viral
The post Ohio lawmakers to debate bill to ban gender-affirming care for LGBTQ+ youth appeared first on Magic 95.5 FM.
Ohio lawmakers to debate bill to ban gender-affirming care for LGBTQ+ youth was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com