During his campaign, President Donald Trump ignited controversy when he said that Black people are living in hell—ignoring the scores of educated, hardworking African Americans who provide for their families and live in stable communities.
Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke showed once again that he’s simply a Black voice for his president–echoing Trump’s campaign rhetoric. In Clarke’s latest attack on African-American lawmakers, he accused them in a Town Hall article of being the instruments of White liberals to keep Blacks on the ghetto plantation.
One of Clarke’s main arguments in his opinion piece is that members of the Congressional Black Caucus oppose school choice—a policy that Trump cherishes.
See Also: Watch: The Pros & Cons Of School Choice
Chris Emdin, a professor at Columbia University’s Teachers College, told NewsOne that fixing schools in the Black community is a better approach. He said voucher programs “extract monetary resources [from the Black community] and places them elsewhere” when students take their government vouchers to private or charters located in other communities.
These programs are also psychologically damaging in that they “give the perception that they (Black students) have to leave (their community) to do well,” he added.
During a congressional hearing, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos told lawmakers that Trump wants to spend lavishly on expanding his school choice initiative but would not ban federal school voucher funds going to schools that discriminate.
Clarke wants to paint CBC members as anti-Black in his defense of the GOP, yet he ignores Trump’s long history of racism.
Earlier this year, the Black lawmakers gave the president a 130-page policy document, titled “We Have a Lot to Lose: Solutions to Advance Black Families in the 21st Century,” in which the caucus presented its policy solutions, explaining to the president what the Black community has plenty to lose by following his leadership.
SOURCE: Town Hall
Happy Presidents' Day! 44 Photos To Make You Miss Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 42
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 42
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 42
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 42
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 42
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 42
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 42
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 42
9. The Obamas on Air Force OneSource:Getty 9 of 42
10. The First Family in LondonSource:Getty 10 of 42
11. First Lady Michelle Obama with daughters Malia Obama and Sasha ObamaSource:Getty 11 of 42
12. Sasha and Malia Obama at the 2016 State DinnerSource:Getty 12 of 42
13. Turkey PardoningSource:Getty 13 of 42
14. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 14 of 42
15. Gobble, GobbleSource:Getty 15 of 42
16. Malia Obama, the First DaughterSource:Getty 16 of 42
17. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 17 of 42
18. A Family AffairSource:Getty 18 of 42
19. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 19 of 42
20. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 20 of 42
21. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 21 of 42
22. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 22 of 42
23. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 23 of 42
24. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 24 of 42
25. Always Giving BackSource:Getty 25 of 42
26. A Christmas StorySource:Getty 26 of 42
27. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 27 of 42
28. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 28 of 42
29. Malia and Sasha ObamaSource:Getty 29 of 42
30. Michelle Plays on a BikeSource:Getty 30 of 42
31. Obama Loves Team USA, His Wife & MaliaSource:Getty 31 of 42
32. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 32 of 42
33. Family SupportSource:Getty 33 of 42
34. The Sister SelfieSource:Pete Souza 34 of 42
35. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 35 of 42
36. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 36 of 42
37. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 37 of 42
38. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 38 of 42
39. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 39 of 42
40. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 40 of 42
41. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 41 of 42
42. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 42 of 42
David Clarke Shows Again He’s A Mouthpiece For His President was originally published on newsone.com