According to NBC4i, Columbus police are investigating a shooting in which a 16-year-old girl was killed on Piper Bend Drive near Canal Winchester in far Southeast Columbus.
The shooting is reported to have taken place around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. Police confirmed they found 16-year-old Janae Hairston suffering from a gunshot wound.
Hairston was transported to Mount Carmel East hospital in critical condition and was pronounced dead at 5:42 a.m. She was a junior at Canal Winchester High School, according to a district statement.
Hairston’s death marked the 202nd homicide in Columbus in 2021. Police continue to investigate.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Make God A Major Part of Your Marriage | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Cornel West Announces Presidential Campaign Seeking 3rd Party’s Nomination
- What Exactly Is A Mommy Makeover? Jacky Oh’s Death Spotlights Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Create A Summer Financial Fitness Plan | Money Monday
- US Black Farmers Left Frustrated As Promises To Help Still Go Unanswered
- 1976: Natalie Cole Makes History, Wins Best New Artist
- Grow Your Marriage with Friendship and It Can Fly | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Mary Mary, Coco Jones & Adam Blackstone Shut Down The Roots Picnic Stage
- 1974: Stevie Wonder Makes History… Again | Black Music Month
- 1973: The Birth of Hip-Hop | Black Music Month
16-year-old girl dead in shooting near Canal Winchester was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
10 Power Messages From Bishop T.D. Jakes To Get You Through 2023
10 Power Messages From Joel Osteen For Spiritual Growth
Win Tickets to See Smoke Norful at the Ohio Black Expo
8 Christian Hip Hop Songs by Lecrae To Praise God To
Download Our New Joy 107.1 Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Plastic Surgeon Linked To Jacky Oh Is ‘Liposuction & BBL Specialist’ With Negative Online Reviews
Who Is Andrew Bankhead? Ex-Mississippi Cop Who Shot Teen ‘In The Back’ Over Daughter
Here’s When The First Bojangles Opens in the Columbus Metro