According to NBC4i, Columbus police are investigating a shooting in which a 16-year-old girl was killed on Piper Bend Drive near Canal Winchester in far Southeast Columbus.
The shooting is reported to have taken place around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. Police confirmed they found 16-year-old Janae Hairston suffering from a gunshot wound.
Hairston was transported to Mount Carmel East hospital in critical condition and was pronounced dead at 5:42 a.m. She was a junior at Canal Winchester High School, according to a district statement.
Hairston’s death marked the 202nd homicide in Columbus in 2021. Police continue to investigate.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Good News Report: The City That Prays
- Mississippi Cop Cleared Of All Wrongdoing After Video Showed Brutal Arrest Of Handcuffed Black Driver
- Ohio Woman Arrested After 6-Year-Old Drinks Smirnoff Ice in Gas Station Video
- Conservatives Big Mad That White Teachers In Minneapolis Could Get Laid Off Before Teachers Of Color
- Healthy Ever After: Ty Lewis Gives Caregivers Tips On How To Effectively Communicate With Someone With Dementia [Listen]
- Fired Flight Attendant Sues Delta For Racial Discrimination Over Anti-Trump Social Post
- Watch: Teens ram Whitehall police cars with stolen Hyundai
- Stolen Hyundai crash linked to another deadly theft
- Oscar Winner Viola Davis to Play Lead Villain In ‘Hunger Games’ Prequel
- Quinta Brunson Was Fabulous In An Eye-Catching Tony Ward Couture Dress At The HCA TV Awards
16-year-old girl dead in shooting near Canal Winchester was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com