The Pennsylvania State Supreme Court overturned Bill Cosby‘s 2018 conviction on sexual assault charges, clearing the way for the 83-year-old comedian to be freed from prison.
According to WKYC in Philadelphia, Cosby will walk out of a state prison a free man after his lawyers appealed to the court and argued Cosby’s entire life was put on trial that caused him to suffer unquantifiable prejudice.
In an opinion issued by the court, the court agreed to review two pieces of the case Cosby’s lawyers challenged last June. The first involved the judge’s decision to let prosecutors call five other accusers of Cosby’s. The other examined Cosby’s argument he had an agreement with a former prosecutor he’d never be charged for any of his alleged crimes.
Cosby was convicted in 2018 on three aggravated indecent assault counts. The court deemed Cosby a ‘sexually violent predator’ for posing an ‘imminent safety risk to women.’
He was up for parole last year but was denied a conditional release due to his refusal to attend a treatment program for sex offenders and he was also given a negative recommendation by the Pennsylvania Board of Corrections.
This story is developing.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- WATCH: What You Need To Know: August 2, 2021 — Millions Lose Homes — Delta Variant As Contagious As Chickenpox — Olympic Fencer Curtis Mc Dowald
- The Richland County Fair Is Back With No Restrictions
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Eye On The Community with Sean Anthony: Interview about Black Girl Soar
- Rep. Cori Bush Calls Inaction On Eviction Moratorium A ‘Moral Failure’
- Legendary Nollywood Actress Rachael Oniga Dies At 64
- Nina Turner Makes Her Case For Congress: ‘People Just Want To Live’
- Congress Goes On Vacation To Their Homes As Evictions Start Back Up
- LeVar Burton Hosting ‘Jeopardy!’ Is Black Joy Personified
- ‘Simone Biles Jokes’: SNL’s Michael Che Dragged For Allegedly Mocking Gymnast In Deleted Instagram Stories
Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Conviction Overturned By Court was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com