A woman never needs permission or a special occasion to sparkle and shine! Who says evening wear should only be worn at night and for fancy shcmancy outings? Whoever created that rule needs to loosen their pantyhose. I believe in having fun and breaking all the rules!
One of my favorite rules to break is wearing evening wear during the day. Sometimes a little glitz is just the touch you need to get through a rough day. Fashion is about balance so the key is to NOT overdo it.
Follow Me at @AprilWattsLive For More Fashion Ideas & Style Tips
Accomplishing this look is very easy…
I adore this vintage sequined jacket because it screams, “I am the life of the party.” Keeping with the evening theme, I added a black beaded shoulder bag/clutch from DSW ($20). To balance out the look, I contrasted the glitz with a little bit of casual funk.
These ripped boyfriend jeans from H&M ($40) are super comfy and one of my favorite pairs of jeans. I threw on my suede Prada heels to bring some “sexy” to the look. My oversized Gucci sunnies (prices vary) also help make the look more casual.
And,voila! In this outfit, I’m ready for whatever the day (or night) may bring.
Key takeaway? Have fun! Step outside of the box and and shine unapologetically.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
PHOTO SOURCE: Rodney Choice / April Watts
Who Was Haute And Who Was Not At The 2017 Met Gala
1. The Met Ball 2017 theme was Comme De Garcons, the work of avant-garde designer Rei Kawakubo, who Pharell’s wife Helen is wearing.Source: 1 of 22
2. John Legend and wife Chrissy TeigenSource: 2 of 22
3. Solange in Thom BrowneSource: 3 of 22
4. Wiz Khalifa is blazin’Source: 4 of 22
5. Diddy and CassieSource: 5 of 22
6. Selena Gomez and The WeekndSource: 6 of 22
7. Can you ID everyone in this bathroom selfie?Source: 7 of 22
8. LaLa Anthony looks gorge. She has a ring on every finger, except her ring finger!Source: 8 of 22
9. Ruby Rose and Donald GloverSource: 9 of 22
10. Rihanna stays slayin’ and on theme, too.Source: 10 of 22
11. Rita OraSource: 11 of 22
12. Serena Williams pretty and preggers.Source: 12 of 22
13. A$AP Rocky and Ashton SandersSource: 13 of 22
14. Mary J. BligeSource: 14 of 22
15. Naomi Campbell and British Vogue Editor-In-Chief Edward EnninfulSource: 15 of 22
16. Halle Berry in Versace.Source: 16 of 22
17. Jennifer Lopez and Alex RodriguezSource: 17 of 22
18. Jaden Smith and yes, those are his locs in his hand…Source: 18 of 22
19. Tracy Ellis Ross on theme.Source: 19 of 22
20. Janelle Monae, slay!Source: 20 of 22
21. Future in custom H&MSource: 21 of 22
22. Miss LupitaSource: 22 of 22
#LifestyledByAprilWatts: How To Convert Evening Wear To Daytime Fun was originally published on elev8.com