According to NBC4i, A group of people had assembled at the Dollar General, 5001 Chatterton Rd. in Truro Township east of Columbus, to commemorate the death of Jarrin Hickman, who had been killed there one year earlier.
Around 7:30 p.m., officials said a dark-colored SUV, possibly a Dodge Durango, drove by the vigil and someone inside the vehicle began firing gunshots into the crowd.
The sheriff’s office said 39-year old Latoya Carpenter was driving east on Chatterton Road passing the Dollar General when the shooting started. She was shot in the head and her vehicle crashed into a parked car. Carpenter was pronounced dead at the scene.
Five other people were struck, including the 12-year old, and were transported to local hospitals with minor injuries.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- ‘The View’ Attempted to Talk About Critical Race Theory But Let Conservative Misinformation Dominate The Conversation
- DOJ Launches New Program To Combat Redlining And Lending Discrimination
- Mitch McConnell Praised Clarence Thomas’ Anti-Abortion Stance Hours Before SCOTUS Upheld Texas Ban Again
- CEO of ‘EBONY’ Eden Sklenar Discusses The Magazine’s History & 2021 EBONY Power 100
- Sensing Possible End To ‘Racist’ Filibuster, Civil Rights Leaders Are Cautiously Optimistic
- Teddy & Tina Campbell Discuss The Road To Rekindling Their Marriage & Releasing “Marry Me”
- GOP’s School Board Meetings Video That Dems Rejected Uses Black Parents To Push Anti-CRT Propaganda
- Donald Trump Claims He’s Starting A ‘TRUTH’ Social Media Platform ‘To Stand Up To The Tyranny Of Big Tech’
- David Duke Is Big Mad Because Donald Trump And Tucker Carlson Keep Jacking His White Supremacist Style
- 10-Year-Old Black Girl Arrested And Handcuffed At School In Hawaii After Drawing Offensive Photo Of Her Bully
One Person Dead, Several Others Shot at a Columbus Vigil was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com