According to NBC4i, A few people were able to breach a set of outer doors at Columbus Police headquarters after a protest Tuesday night, with one officer being evaluated for a head injury related to the incident.
Columbus Police Sgt. James Fuqua said an officer was hit in the head by some sort of stick during the incident. Investigators are trying to determine if the officer was struck on purpose or if it was accidental.
Fuqua said about 50 people peacefully demonstrated and marched in downtown Columbus Tuesday night, with the demonstration ending outside police headquarters.
After the protesters left, Fuqua said some of them came back and attempted to break into the building.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Watch: Inspired by Monica Lisa Stevens Hosted by Stowe
- [WATCH] Urban One Exclusive Interview with New Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant
- The History Of Juneteenth Explained
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Columbus
- Ohio to End Its State of Emergency on June 18
- La La Anthony Files For Divorce From Carmelo Anthony After 10 Years Of Marriage
- Brandon Camphor & OneWay Put A Heavenly Spin On “Lift Every Voice” For Juneteenth
- Police Riot Team Resigns After Fellow Officer Indicted For Alleged Assault During Protest
- Candace Owens Cries White Supremacist Tears As Juneteenth Becomes National Holiday
- Father’s Day Gift Ideas That Also Support Black Business
- Shontelle Norman Beatty Plays Us Her Holy Banger “Jesus Will Fix It”
- LeBron James Criticizes NBA’s Condensed Schedule Following Kawhi Leonard’s ACL Injury
Officer Injured as Protestors Tried to Break Into CPD Headquarters was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com