The family of Andre Hill and their Attorney Ben Crump held a press conference just hours after the arrest of former Columbus Police Officer Adam Coy. Coy was indicted for the December 22, 2020 murder of Andre Hill.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Hill was unarmed when he was shot and killed by the former Columbus Police Officer. Coy was fired by the department shortly after while the Hill family members demanded more. Attorney Ben Crump said in a press conference with the family that, “The family of Andre Hill is relieved this morning, but they are not satisfied with an indictment of the police officer who killed Andre Hill as he held a cellphone walking out of a garage. They’re relieved that the grand jury, Franklin County citizens returned an indictment for murder for felonious assault,”.
He also stated that the reason the Hill family isn’t satisfied is because charges and an arrest do not mean a conviction and a conviction is what the family wants. “based on what has happened before in America that when a white police officer kills an unarmed black person that does not guarantee a conviction, and they want Officer Adam Coy to be convicted for the unjustified, unnecessary, and the senseless killing of Andre Hill”. said Crump.
Coy has been charged with murder in the commission of a felony, felonious assault, and two counts of dereliction of duty for failing to turn on his body camera and failing to inform fellow officers that he felt Hill presented a danger. He plans to enter a not guilty plea.
See the entire press conference here:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Drop The Mic: TD Jakes Explores The Power Of Words In New Book [EXCLUSIVE]
- The Columbus Crew advanced to the Concacaf Champions League
- Indianapolis Mass Shooting At FedEx Facility Leaves 8 Dead, Gunman Takes Own Life
- Gorillas of Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Are Going to a New Home
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — April 16, 2021: Defense Rests in Chauvin Murder Trial — Black Voters Matter — Stay Alive At A Traffic Stop
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: Leave The Drama With Your Mama [VIDEO]
- Why The Nation And White House Need To Prioritize Reproductive Justice
- Michael Jordan Will Induct His ‘Little Brother’ Kobe Bryant Into The Basketball Hall of Fame
- Franklin County Moves Up to Level 4 (Purple) on Ohio’s COVID Map
- Savannah And Zhuri James Are Melanin Queens In Gorgeous Mommy And Me Photo!