In a protest against Donald Trump and The Trump Administration Immigration policies; immigrants have decided to do what is called “a stay home day!”
It’s called “Day Without Immigrants” and it’s being carried out in many American Cities, Washington, D.C., Austin, Boston, Des Moines, Houston, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York and Philadelphia.
The Immigrant Community wants to show the citizens of the United States what a day would be like without them in the workforce, so they are taking a day off. Many local bar, restaurants and other facilities are closed to show support. While many think that these business are closed to show support, others believe that they are closed because the majority of their workforce are Immigrants.
Here’s a list of what some local businesses in the DC area are doing on this day:
- Renowned chef José Andrés: Restaurants Jaleo, Oyamel and Zaytinya are closed.
- Sweetgreen: 18 of its D.C.-area locations are closed.
- Busboys and Poets: All locations are closed.
- Jetties: Downtown location stays open; all other locations are closed.
- Surfside: Both locations are closed.
- Boundary Stone: Owners will work in the kitchen in the evening while kitchen staffers get a paid day off.
- Circa Bistro: All locations are closed.
- Hank’s Oyster Bar and Hank’s Pasta Bar: All locations are closed.
- Brookland Pint, Meridian Pint and Smoke & Barrel: Bars stay open, but kitchens are closed. Patrons are welcome to bring their own food.
- Pizzeria Paradiso: Georgetown and Alexandria locations are closed.
- TaKorean: All locations are closed.
- Toki Underground: Closed.
To Make Their Immigration Statement — Immigrants Are Staying Home From Work Today!!!! was originally published on myspiritdc.com